Friday, May 12, 2006

Product of a Devil's Workshop..

Hmmmmm..

I’ve got nothing to do..
So then I started looking at blog pages..
& guess what? People write absolutely anything...
The smallest things create large impressions in minds,
It's amazing isn't it? How big things are built from seemingly inconsequential ideas..
As usual I’m going off track (not that there is a well defined track but anyways)…What I was trying to say is that if people can write all of the smallest incidents.. why shouldn’t I?

So I decided to increase the number of posts on my blog site.
Before reading ahead... be warned… this post will have absolutely nothing relevant, mind blowing or important to say. So if you’re expecting to read something hard-hitting and thought provoking, stop reading n wasting your time.

Hahaha I have absolutely no idea as to what I’m rambling on an on about...
Here I am, sitting at my desk… after a heavy lunch of Chicken Biriyani... listening to this one song 'Lamha Lamha; from the recent movie Gangster which is repeating again and again on my Media Player, wondering what is it that I should do..

Should I do something productive as all our TLs & PMs say, 'it’s not a bad thing that you have a lot of free time; utilize it. Don’t just sit there and chat and check emails. Read up, increase your knowledge base....' (Hahaha whoever says all that should be told once and for all that freshers are too habituated to the Study All Night or Fail situation (where we learn only when the only thing that keeps us glued to our books is the threat of having to stay back in the college an extra year) to learn something when there is no pressure,
Or
Should I start a chain mail or something?
Or
Should I just continue writing this crap?
Or
Should I call up some unfortunate entity and bore him/her so that I can pass on my boredom?
Or
Should I chat with someone?
Or
Should I just continue writing this crap?
Or
Should I open all my email accounts and start organizing the stuff into folders and all?
Or
Should I search for nice wallpapers on the net?
Or
Should I just continue writing this crap?
Or
Should I change the song list?
Or
Should I just continue writing this crap?

Chalo I’ll settle for this crap.

You know (silly me! How would u know?), the guy who sits in the cubicle next to me .. Either he’s on bench or he’s doing his dummy project (project done during training period)....he’s mostly ALWAYS sleeping. Everyday he'll come, religiously open some PDF document, read and highlight some lines (all the time listening to music with his RED Kingfisher headphones), then just put his head down in front of the monitor and doze off. No worries at all. Sometimes, some others come to his desk, sometimes these others also look at the same PDF (or maybe different.. how would I know?) document and do some cut-copy-paste operation. And imagine this - while this other person is assumedly doing this perennially sleeping guy’s work, the dozing guy sleeps off (sitting just next to the worker)...
Hahaha it’s a sight to see.
Right now, I look back and what do I see? Wonders of wonders....
He’s not dozing! He’s actually working on some PowerPoint presentation. So I guess he’s preparing for the dummy project presentation.
Did he see me write all this about him?? Is that why he started working so prodigiously?
Aaaaaaaaahh.. What am I thinking?
Of course not.
Right?
Am I asking too many questions? You don’t seem to b answering even a single one..
Darn...I’m still bored.
Should I go to the Cafeteria?? Aarghh! With whom? Everybody seems to be busy… Nobody actually has any work but they still seem to be doing something – chatting, downloading crappy songs (from sites which somehow were missed out from being blocked by our dear old WebSense. Probably the IT people thought, ‘Such crappy songs! Who would even listen to such songs?’. But no wait! Turns out there are a lot of such people.
Seriously what is this Hip Hop & Rap all about? Just people speaking unintelligibly, no melody, no tune - just words interrupted by a lot of percussion instruments. People who like it say that it’s all about the lyrics - u should listen to the lyrics. They even try to coerce you to listen and appreciate that kind of 'music'. What I think is that if I cared so much for lyrics, wouldn’t I just listen to poetry instead? That’s also all about the meaning right? And by the by, I hate poetry. I feel it’s just a very innovative way by which really, really, really lazy people earn money.
Pen down something that makes no sense whatsoever, then attach some abstract meaning to it, use a lot of similes and metaphors, compare the weirdest of objects to another set of even weirder objects, talk about some long lost love that never existed…. and Voila! you have poetry...!
Then, 100 years down the line, another set of totally workless people re-read the same supposed masterpieces and interpret an entire deeper meaning - something that not even the poet would have envisaged while writing. Then, these poems are published into textbooks for unfortunate children who have to mug them up or understand their supposed inner meaning, and in the process, lose their logical sanity.
All of this why? Just because some long gone poet couldn’t find anything else to do....a victim of Boredom.

Hmmm looks like I could become another of those victims....

But wait! No I won’t..
I’m no longer bored. I’ve written this masterpiece of meaningless prattle.
And since I’m in the electronic age, I used a keyboard. So I have a lot of typo errors.
Now, I’m going to correct all of those and then publish this post (provided I’m able to solve the problem that is ongoing in my blog site (due to which my latest blog is not being displayed...Not this Silly!)

Hence, the words of wisdom that you have gained after reading this very creative piece of nothing are that.......

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


An idle mind is not a devil's Workshop.... it is a Poet's workshop.

Hahaha..
Smiling? Or wanting to tear your hair out? Or Mine??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, u seemed so bored in the beginning and came up with a conclusion afterwards.. tht also a splendid one ;-) !! If some poet happen to read ur post, he'll tear u apart.. [of course who tears whom is a grey area :D ].. and u need not worry m anythng but not a poet.. and u got it wrong again ... m anyhtng but not bz.

Keep gettin bored and let ur ideas flow... ;-) :D

Anonymous said...

I was really enjoying your reflections until I came across..."The guy who sits in the cubicle next to me..."

Suddenly I became wide-awake though I was not asleep !
Quickly closed the unfortunatly opened pdf on my moniter (Sigh)...Had a gulp of water & went to sip a cup of strong black T to reassure myself...No! It is NOT me.

Now I guess i need psychological counselling...for this PDF-Phobia* :-)...from which i am suffering of late.


- Guy Next2U

*a product of devil's workshop

Anonymous said...

me n pooja cudnt stop giggling reading this awesome piece o literature!! My gawwwwd.. U re nearly a poet in de making..;)
Ria.

PS: On a Lazee/fun filled day @ HP office when all our LEADS and MAnagers have gone out for a team building session!!!